Subscribe to her website & blog for her latest news,
radio interviews, articles & more.
Emotional Swings and Roundabouts; Being Happier with Sherry Marshall.
Sherry is a Sydney process therapist, counsellor and relationships therapist.
We would like to feel happy but often we have emotional swings and roundabouts. Our emotions swing up and down and round and round. Sometimes we wake up in a grumpy mood, or feel low and depressed and anxious. At times we can become stressed and fearful and overwhelmed. Or we feel worried or angry or guilty. We often wish that we didn’t feel this way and just want the feelings to go away!
However, exploring more deeply what we are feeling and why, our personal emotional history and what triggers us can support us to stop going round and round. We learn how to process and unfold the depth of our emotions and come out the other side and letting go.
In this workshop, the goals and learning outcomes are to use Process Psychology to;
1. Develop more inner freedom and fluidity to deal with our moods;
2. Understand the history, habit and patterns of our emotional life.
3. Learn to work with our ‘high and low dreams’ resulting in not getting ‘stuck’ in mood states.
4. Creatively explore the deeper essence of emotions, rather than marginalise them, discover their meaning and transform them.
5. Compare and contrast practical tips on how to change our mood and go more with the flow, from Process Psychology, Mindfulness and Buddhist practice and Solution Based Psychology.