Subscribe to her website & blog for her latest news,
radio interviews, articles & more.
Dream Quotations. Who looks inside, Awakes.
· Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy. Freud
· Dreams are answers to questions we haven’t yet figured out how to ask.
· Dreams are free therapy, but you can only get appointments at night.
· They are only thoughts you didn’t have time to think about during the day.
· Sometimes dreams alter the course of an entire life.
· Dreaming is whispers from your soul.
· Don’t be pushed by your problems; be led by your dreams.
· As against Freud’s view that the dream is essentially a wish-fulfilment, I hold that it is a spontaneous self-portrayal, in symbolic form, of the actual situation in the unconscious.
· The art of interpreting dreams cannot be learnt from books. Methods and rules are good only when we can get along without them. Only the man who can do it anyway has real skill, only the man of understanding really understands. – C.G. Jung, The Meaning of Psychology for Modern Man, 1933
· Learn as much as you can about symbolism; then forget it all when you are analyzing your dreaming.
· In actual practice I let the patient act out all the details. As therapists we do not imagine we know more than the patient does himself. We assume each part is a projection. Each fragment, be it person, prop or mood, is a portion of the patient’s alienated self. Parts of the self are made to encounter other parts. Fritz Perls